Requirements: Android 2.1+
Overview: Ad-free version of Launcher 7.
The Winphone 7 lookalike launcher, almost like the real thing and in some ways even better!
- 1x1, 2x1 and 1x2 tiles with configurable colors
- Widgets in a tile! (provided that widget fits)
- Almost real like tile animation
- Almost real like tile re-arrange mode
- Almost real like status bar
- Animated contacts tile (supports G+ synced contacts)
- Pinnable contact-tile which animates like the real phone
- Folder tiles
- Webpage tiles
- Picture hub (use with care, it needs memory!!!!)
- Filterable application list
- Stock wp7-like colors and color selection
- ICS may suffer from lagginess :( It is the ICS hardware deceleration and way L7 draws bitmaps that is causing it.
- Real view widget tiles may cause jerky scrolling, framework is performing garbage collection at most inconvenient time, there is currently no known cure.. I haven't yet given up hope finding one though
- PICTURE HUB NEEDS A LOT OF MEMORY! IF YOU ENCOUNTER PROBLEMS, STOP USING THE TILE - THERE IS NO WAY TO MAKE MEMORY FOOTPRINT SMALLER, OR INCREASE MEMORY ON YOUR DEVICE
- Initial setup may be broken depending on your phone manufacturer, you probably need to replace the tiles
- To add new application to main screen, long press on an application in application drawer and select "pin to home screen"
- Filtered apps can be restored from the launcher settings fitered apps page
- Tiles can be made transparent by adjusting the alpha value from the horizontal bar on the color selector
- All bitmaps must fit inside 48 megabyte heap (high-end phones, lower-end phones even less than that), so don't try to use too many 25 megabyte bitmaps on your tiles or you will see FC.
- Gmail tile will not work anymore, use Mail tile instead
- By default WP7 statusbar shows icons only if you touch it. You can adjust the functionality from statusbar options
- "Smaller tiles" will make 1x1 tile to 172x172 pixels in HDPI resolution. I managed to measure the tiles wrong when I started developing L7 and tiles have been too big ever since. 172x172 tiles seem to be faster too, so I suggest you to try them!
- folder of contacts tile
- revamp the application icon addition (allow text color selection etc)
- App integration (Twitter, Facebook etc.)
- two-sided tiles
- cropping tool to make custom bitmap selection easier
contacts tile now flips instead of fading
.12.3: L7 is now launchable like ordinary application